The personal information you provide to Chai Spice Beverages may be collected, used and disclosed for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- Providing you with products and/or services requested;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- developing and improving our products and services;
- in connection with our loyalty or reward programmes and competitions;
- payment processing;
- carrying out certain checks (for example, for our fraud or theft prevention processes, or when picking up goods in-store that have been ordered online, or when delivering goods to site);
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- reconciling payments due to Chai Spice Beverages from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want or carry on the other activities set out above.
What Personal Information Does Chai Spice Beverages Collect?
The type of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- transaction information;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites;
- your User Name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services; and
- personal preferences regarding products and services.
Credit Card Handling
To protect your security and confidence, we do not store your credit card details at any time. All credit card handling and processing is completed by our premium gateway provider EWAY.
How does Chai Spice Beverages collect your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- when you order goods or services from us (either online, in-store or over the telephone);
- when you subscribe to our mailing lists;
- when you enter competitions or promotions that we run;
- when you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- when you browse one of our websites (further information is set out later in this Statement);
- when you complete surveys or provide online feedback or product reviews; and
- when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products).
Sharing your Personal Information
Chai Spice Beverages may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you to/from:
- our service and product providers who assist us in providing our services, organisations that assist us with customer support, payment processing, administration, archival, data storage, research, mail and delivery, marketing, auditing, consulting, financial and legal advisory, banking, security or technical services. In some cases these service providers may collect your personal information on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention, investigation and prosecution of criminal activities;
- to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to these third parties.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additional information for users of our Website
If you visit www.chaispice.com.au or any other Chai Spice Beverages website (the “Websites”) to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used (i) for statistical and reporting purposes; (ii) for website administration, security and maintenance purposes; and (iii) to direct you to material on our Websites that we believe will be of interest to you.
Like many websites, our Website may use “cookies” from time to time. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and your log-in status. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes. Any such information will be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer usually allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our Website and use state-of-the-art data transmission encryption, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security in our possession.
The Websites may contain links/ plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for content of, or the privacy practices or policies of, those sites.