Chocolate Vegan Sticky Chai Brownie’s
Chocolate Vegan Sticky Chai Brownie’s that are gluten free. So moist and delicious you can't stop at one. Perfect with your chai latte or hot chocolate!
4 tablespoons ground flax
6 tablespoons Chai Spice Vegan Sticky Chai
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegan butter (Nuttelex)
1 cup raw granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup gluten free self raising flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips OR roughly chopped chocolate pieces
1 teaspoon of icing sugar
1. Brew Chai Spice Vegan Sticky Chai with 1/2 of cup of boiled hot water. Set aside to cool down.
2. Make the flax eggs by stirring the ground flax and Chai infused water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 7 x 11 pan with parchment paper
3. Melt the vegan butter and measure 1/2 cup. I do this by microwaving the vegan butter in a glass measuring cup, in 30 second intervals, until melted.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the melted vegan butter and sugars together. Add the flax eggs, vanilla, and brewed Chai Spice Vegan Chai, whisk until evenly combined.
5. Over the same large bowl, sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt and baking powder and stir with a large wooden spoon until just combined, do not over mix.
6. Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spoon or your hands. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top of the batter.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes. The brownies may still be bubbling and not look done, but they will firm up a lot as they cool.
8. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then pull the brownies out, using the parchment paper and let cool for another 15-30 minutes before slicing and serving. Dust with icing sugar.