Chai-Spiced Banana Bread (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
Looking for the perfect companion for your morning coffee? A deliciously moist banana bread with a hint of chai spices served warm out of the oven with honey and cinnamon butter. Enjoy that the warm chai spices fill the air with a wonderful aroma as the banana bread bakes, – like an exotic spice market. Time to get baking.
Tip: Use bananas that are as ripe as possible (the blacker the better), I find that very ripe bananas make the cake is perfectly sweet and requires no sugar. Feel free to taste the batter before you put your banana loaf in the oven and adjust the sweetness and spices to your liking.
150g coconut oil
3 very ripe bananas mashed
2 cups almond meal
¾ cup chopped walnuts
6 tbs Chai Spice Original Authentic Ground Chai
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of honey if you'd like it sweetened
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F). Line loaf tin with baking paper
2. Cream coconut oil, eggs and vanilla, then add mashed banana
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the almond meal, chai, salt, walnuts and baking powder
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold well
5. Transfer the batter to prepared tin, sprinkle with extra Chai Spice Original Authentic Ground Chai
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool in the pan for about ten minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely
Slice and serve!